"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".
Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 44- Check Up

Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights were pretty much sleepless. If it wasn't tube feeding that exploded all over the crib it was throwing up medicine, and then just plain hunger and trying to adjust to not being in the same room. (We practically lived and slept in the same room the last month that Ro was in the hospital.) Of course on Monday night she slept like an angel. Chance had worked those three sleepless nights the next day, so I was up all by myself- with Rowan, so not really by myself:) But, when he was able to help on Monday night, she slept practically all night...little toot

We left Tuesday afternoon for Houston.

Wednesday, I dressed her in the cutest outfit... I had been saving it for this appointment. And as soon as we arrived there was an explosion- Poop and pee everywhere!!! Seriously The. Worst. mess I have ever seen. So we were forced to change into our "diaper bag" outfit- a stupid onesie.

Regardless, Rowan was so playful and happy. I personally drew her labs from her picc line:) The lab technicians aren't allowed to touch the lines, so I used my degree:) Comes in handy to be a nurse and a mom.

We met with all of our team- excited to see them after going for a whole week without seeing their faces.
1. Rowan gained a small amount of weight, so the tube feeding only has to run for 20hours per day.
2. Her lab numbers look better, so we were able to change her to regular formula for the tube feeding.
3. Her Prograf level (anti-rejection) were a little low so we had to increase her dose again.
4. She continues to throw up the bactrim (antibiotic) so instead she will receive a pentamidine treatment once a month. They hold a mask over her face for approximately 15 minutes. The respiratory therapist prepared us for 15 minutes of screaming, went on and on of how kids HATE this particular treatment, and then Rowan didn't cry!

Seems like our vomiting has resolved--- pushing the meds down her tube too quickly seemed to be a major cause. (that and the bactrim) so goodbye bactrim!

5. We don't have to return to Houston for another month!!!
We will just go to Austin for labs in the meantime:)

On our way back home, we stopped by and ate dinner with some really good friends. We actually just invited ourselves over, but it was so good to catch up. We even ate some of their wedding cake saved for their first anniversary- it was delicious! Rowan even enjoyed it:)

What a blessed life! It feels so incredibly wonderful to be home. Ro squealed when I put her up on the changing table when we first walked in the door. I think she is delighted to have her old room back. Chance and I feel so content. We are very honored and blessed to have such a beautiful, happy, and healthy daughter.

She is keeping me so busy, I am having a hard time keeping up with the blog...
So gooooodmorning, Thursday
I just finished feeding Ro and mixing formula for her milk drip... She's back to sleep- that was the first time she woke up (4am)! And I am one happy momma. Off to bed for a few more hours.








Just bouncin' at 5am





Tummy time...

Loving these crazy faces












































Oh yeah.... And she's starting eating some solids. Currently, peas are the favorite.




2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you guys! She looks wonderful-beautiful as always. Hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Megan! I am so glad you guys are FINALLY back home!!!! I love reading and keeping up with you guys. I am glad Ro is doing so much better and I hope she continues in that direction!!!!! We miss you guys!!! And we need to meet Ro sometime....

    ReplyDelete