"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".
Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Difference of a Day

Wow- what a difference one day makes!

Yesterday was rough. We all felt beat up, exhausted, and disheartened.

[side bar- Chance works nights at work. Naturally, I am a normal person on a "day shift". Instead of Chance switching back to a day schedule he has remained on "night shift". He stays up with Rowan in the PICU all night, then I come relieve him in the morning. Best. Thing. Ever.
I no longer worry about her overnight, and she gets the best 24hour nursing care possible ;) and thanks to the grandparents for filling in on breaks, etc!]

So, now for something of substance:

Last night when I left they just switched Rowan to a high flow oxygen system in hopes of preventing fluid accumulation in her lungs.

She received the IVIG overnight and two units of blood....

This morning-
A much more stable and much better looking child greeted me when I arrived! There were even smiles!









(sorry, I can't flip it.... But here's proof of the smile!)

Overall, she just appeared much more "rested" and rejuvenated! And that spunk continued throughout the day.

She was still sleepy, and nowhere near 100%, but small change in the right direction is Great news!

Also, her hemoglobin jumped to a whopping 7.9! WoooHooo!

We still aren't sure what is causing the anemia. We have the "House" of Texas Children's Hospital working on her case- seriously!!!

I am blown away by all of the messages, wall posts, blogs dedicated to Rowan, and texts! I read every single one and you can't imagine how much it warms my heart! What an inspiration it gives us!
I am sorry for not getting back to many of you. The reception in Ro's room is not very good, and often times she is falling asleep in our arms. We've also got lots of entertaining to do and doctors to speak to.
But again, thank you so very very much!

Lots of you have asked what you can do to help us. Chance and I are doing well. We are so very blessed with such wonderful parents who are fabulous to us and baby Ro.

But, what you can do, is donate blood. Not for Rowan, but anyone! Ro has had somewhere around 14 units of blood. As I said before, she doesn't even have any of her own red blood cells left!

If you are able to go donate, think of us and encourage the people you meet along your way there to donate as well.

Also, register to become an organ donor! DonateLife.net
(for some reason, my hyperlinks never work- sorry... It's donatelife .net if that one didn't work either)

Rowan's liver is still kicking butt and takin names- amazing!

And keep praying! It is inconceivable the power of God, and we feel Him moving mountains for our angel baby Rowan.

I will leave you with this beautiful picture of our girl:









Amy Blackburn Photography.

Amy shot our wedding and took some gorgeous pictures of Rowan a few weeks ago for her one year photos! I can't wait for you to see more- Ro looks Amazing!!! They brought tears to my eyes this morning seeing Rowan how she looks now all bruised and puffy with tape, leads, and tubing everywhere compared to then. But she is still beautiful to us now, and continues to be our trooper whom we love so dearly.

Thank you again for everything! Go Donate- and make the world a better place!


Also- I changed up the blog to make it easier for mobile viewers... Hope you like that.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting these updates! So glad to hear Rowan is a little perkier today. I have said prayers for her many times today!
    God Bless and keep you strong!!!!
    Charlotte Davis

    ReplyDelete