"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".
Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Hellacious

Is that even a word?

Let's just say it's definitely been an ordeal this Houston journey.

We left Wednesday at 2:30pm...
...And checked in at the hotel in Houston at 8:15pm

Munchkin wasn't really diggin the car ride. It was so much better outside of the car seat- so we stopped 3 times to participate in activities like a park, outdoor shopping area, etc...

Then the unthinkable. 610 closed due to a wreck. Every, yes e-v-e-r-y lane closed making it a huge jam to get off at a teeny tiny, po dunk, outskirts exit.

Of course we got stuck on a bridge when the pile up happened and we were literally trapped! A screaming child, moving about 10 feet per hour---seriously...

So several Oreos, toys, you name it's, and TWO HOURS later, I crossed the grass to get off onto the access road.
Best. Decision. Of. My. Life. so far...My heart was racing, and I'm still expecting my ticket soon;)
But what are SUV's for anyway?

I had contemplated coming with just me and Ro. But SO thankful Devin was able to join me!!!

I had taken pictures of the meltdown, but they were erased accidentally. And it's probably better that way--- They were UGLY.

Instead of packing the pack n play for Ro to sleep in, I thought: "it's too big, it's a pain to lug around, she'll be fine sleeping in the big girl bed with us..."

I should have known better. We do better apart. She woke up every two hours.

This morning we couldn't get ready fast enough. Rowan wanted to get out of the hotel and get moving, so we did.
They called to say no rooms were available early, so we went to the butterfly museum.

No people were there, but I still didn't let her touch anything due to the immune system.
Then, Ro decided she was tired, so she fussed until we got back in the car.

At least we got a few good pictures:























Praise God she decided to nap in the car while we drove around for an hour!

We almost got sideswiped, twice.

When she woke up, we ate lunch. Still no phone call from the hospital...

Afterwards, we tried to shop, but it was way too hot. We were all sweating.

So back in the car for another gas wasting adventure because we couldn't think of anything to do that would be safe for Ro while we waited.

We washed bottles in a bathroom at Starbucks!

When 2pm came around, I called the hospital. They said no openings, and really no discharges in sight.

Are. You. Serious?!

So we checked in to yet another hotel to take a nap and change the explosion that Ro created.
It was horrifically smelly. A sacrificial scarf and towel were used in the clean up.
On the bright side, Ro felt so much better afterwards:)

So, it's after 6pm.... And we're still waiting.
They'll probably call around 1am to tell us there's a room available.

We still have dinner left tonight, so hopefully no more fiascos.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment