"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".
Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, August 12, 2011

Bye-Bye Baby!

It's a sad, but happy day... Our baby is growing up!
(But I'm still calling her baby, and she will always be our baby!) :)

•Ro has a self-imposed, strict bedtime of 7pm. And sleeps until 6-0630 AM. Hallelujah!

•she is walking (with help) all day long- Soon going to take off on her own...




































•Ro's schedule is two naps per day. When we put her down, she is sleepy, but awake... And just peacefully drifts off to to land of nod. No crying, whining, or bottle drinking. Just angelic sleeping. (of course in her OWN bed)

Yes, I said it. Perhaps the most big girl accomplishment to date:
•Rowan has been sans bottle for over 24 hours now.
I am so proud, but I could cry for these wonderful, normal-baby accomplishments instead of hospital/ sickness stuff...

If I've learned anything with this child: she will do things in her own time.

Less than two weeks ago we started "operation sleep" and not only has that goal been met, but the bottle is gone too?! What?!

Please skip this next book, unless you are really bored...
(for all of you so excited to know my magic;) I gave more than a "good college try" with the sippy. I decided if she was reeeeally thirsty, she would drink. This started with the sleeping op, so i had major motivation at the time I banned bottles until right before naps and bed. It probably helped to put fun things like sprite in the sippy since Ro doesn't like any of the fruit juices... I ignored any whining I heard and it made me laugh when she would guzzle 8ounces of milk before the nap/bed. Guess she was saving up because typically girlfriend only drinks about 4oz per bottle. Slowly she would drink more out of the sippy throughout the day. And then, wha-bam! I busted out the sippy before nap, and the world still turned! She didn't even put up a fuss or fight. And actually she didn't even really want that much. Now that she's drinking more during the day- the comfort of sucking a bottle was just that, comfort- not hungry. So off to sleep without a peep!)

Guess all those books worked because we are a solitary sleeping, no passy, no bottle, sleeping through the night BIG GIRL!

But I sure am going to miss that little baby...

























Turned our world upside down-
And we absolutely love her to the moon and back times infinity.

Thank you to our angel donor-
What amazing blessings our Lord has provided.



No comments:

Post a Comment