"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".
Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Telefono

I am always on the phone... One of the "perks" to keeping everybody involved with Rowan's care on the same page.

I am genuinely a fairly easy going person. And I do not like confrontation. Just please don't make me call you more than THREE times.
One is ok. Two is typical. But if it's not taken care of after that third call- I get cranky.

Take for instance: this-





Rowan's blood pressure machine.
It's kinda important because we give Rowan medicine to decrease her blood pressure- unless it's already low enough. Thing is, you have to take the blood pressure to know. And you can't really do that with a cuff that won't work.
Long story short: ups lied and said it was delivered, Ro went 6 days without being able to check her bp, and I called guess how many times... It ended in a new cuff being overnighted.

(I would really like to post a clip of the movie office space here where they destroy the fax/copy machine...but I forgot there were a lot of expletives in the background song.)

Instead, I will post some really precious photos of Ro with the water hose. Girl loves no clothes and the outdoor water.




































She didn't really care about the chalk. But Chance and I had fun.

Some good news: because I didn't hear back from one of Ro's doctors after several calls, we get to forego labs this week!

When we finally got in contact, things on Rowan's lab end sounded pretty good. Her immunoglobulin levels are coming up. (As a result of the IVIG). Maybe only one more treatment will be needed- fingers crossed...

And, we were able to decrease her prednisone (steroids)! If everything looks good at the lab draw next week, we can kiss them goodbye! WoooHooo!


Chance and I both feel like we have been prepared for this challenge our whole lives. School, work, living apart, you name it- somehow it has helped to ready us for our day to day life now. I get irritated at times and want to office space that blood pressure machine, but I never ever forget that we have been blessed with an amazing gift. Rowan is our greatest joy, and we would do absolutely anything for her.







Look at this little ham:) She took these pictures herself!




















1 comment:

  1. What a cutie despite the hamness. Her parents are pretty special so of course, she's special. :)

    ReplyDelete