"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".
Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 22 Post- Transplant








Merry Christmas!









Yay!
My daddy's here!







Our surgeon is ready for us to get out of the hospital, but the critical care folks aren't ready.

Hopefully tomorrow we will be able to move to the 12th floor.
What's holding us back? 1/4th of a liter of oxygen through her nasal cannula!
I keep titrating the oxygen every chance I can :)
When we get to the floor Ro won't have to be on any monitors. It makes it so much easier and more enjoyable. Plus we love all of the 12th floor nurses!

The "plan" is if everything continues like it has we can leave the hospital on Monday-ish. (gotta love ish, because it usually doesn't happen that way). Then we will stay in Houston for a month- going back for frequent lab draws, etc...





Waiting patiently...
It's unreal how quickly Rowan is gaining muscle strength- she can almost sit up unassisted!

Still not eating well, so we are trying some new methods...


A while back I bought some cookies at a bake sale in Austin to help buy children toys who would be in the hospital on Christmas- I never imagined Rowan would be one of those kids!

We have been blessed with so much recently. Once Ro is through this phase, we can't wait to give back!
We are so excited that chance is off until Sunday and we can spend this cherished 1st Christmas with our family together! (next year look out- we may go overboard on the decorations!)


We had some delicious homemade chicken and dumplings tonight- thanks Laura!


4 comments:

  1. I am praying for your family and missing you girl!!! Christi Tucker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ran into Chance today in the elevator- I'm so happy that things are progressing so well! You'll have to let me know when you head down to the 12th floor so I can stop by and say hey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome! :) Thank you for letting me come see you all. It was such a pleasure to meet Ms. Rowan. She is absolutely beautiful! I hope we can meet up again soon when you leave the hospital. I know C would love to play with her, and I want to hold her (I was a little nervous to yesterday). Hugs to you all!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandma and I enjoyed Megans blog. We enjoyed looking at the pictures of Rowan too. Love y'all!!

    ReplyDelete