"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".
Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 33- New Years Day

Happy New Year!

...somebody woke up on the wrong side of the crib...
Today wasn't the best day, but we have seen much worse.
Rowan is still in the process of weaning off her Ativan and methadone. She was fussy all day today and even the nurses noticed she wasn't as happy. Along with the crying she sweats, has some tremors, and can't sleep.
I am so thankful Chance was able to tag team with me. Sometimes making her comfortable is exhausting! He had to drive back to Austin for work on Sunday and Monday. I hope I have the energy to survive until he gets back. We are still on schedule to be leaving the hospital on Monday.

I have also been so frustrated by this throwing up! It breaks my heart to watch her gag-
But one thought today was that the mucus she has been throwing up is being built up because of the feeding tube in her nose (acting as an irritant). I am thinking this is a fairly accurate hypothesis. I am at peace to maybe know the "why" and getting ready for a long haul of throwing up. There is no plan to take the feeding tube out any time soon. They have it calculated out exactly how many calories she needs, and not meeting that amount is not an option.

We were all relieved that there was football on tv today. It's Rowan's favorite thing to watch:)


Thinking of this verse today when I am worn out-
James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.






No comments:

Post a Comment