"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".
Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 136- updates galore

I have been falling behind keeping up with the blog! But even worse, my picture taking has really declined... I must take more- I believe most of the memory on my phone is being used by pictures and I love it!

Saturday Chance and I both worked a few hours, so GiGi and Pops babysat. Mommy and daddy had some great QT on the road and Rowan had a great time without us.

Sunday the fabulous Great Grandma Janet did some spoiling. We took a trip to Austin and purchased a new big girl car seat! It's a convertible, so Ro will still be backwards for about another year (crazy guidelines), but then we can turn it around facing forward up to a weight of 70lbs! And folks- that's gonna take a while...
We stopped off at Jason's Deli and Rowan became a big fan of potato soup:)

Monday was dreaded lab day. However Rowan was up bright and early at 5:30, so she helped us all get ready and packed up;) Chance took her to Austin, and everything went relatively smoothly--- a one stick trip!

I called that afternoon and left a message to pretty pleeeeease get those labs faxed to Houston;)
AND today (Tuesday) they magically were sent over.

THE RESULTS:
1. Prograf too high: decrease the dose

2. Potassium too high: hopefully it will decrease as the Prograf levels decrease. (that's a side effect of the medication to have an increased potassium level)

3. Magnesium too high: stop giving her potassium replacement! Yay- down to ONLY 3 MEDS!

4. BUN a little elevated- meaning she may be a little dehydrated. Force some fluids and keep an eye on our princess to make sure she is taking enough by mouth.

Overall, everything is an easy fix!

Liver numbers are all still spot on!

We will be back in Houston next week for our check up and to re-check labs again.


I don't think I have mentioned on the blog, but April is National Donate Life Month!!!

Rowan would obviously not be here today without her angel donor. (and we thank God every day for both of them)

I encourage everyone to register to be an organ donor- you could be the angel in someone's life.

The process takes less than five minutes. DONATE LIFE.


We are crawling!











No comments:

Post a Comment