"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".
Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, April 8, 2011

Day- I lost count.

Today Rowan is 10months old!

These past few days we have been keeping ourselves busy! Chance has been home sleeping because he is now working nights, so Ro and I have been out and about to let him get some sleep.

Unfortunately, I found that although we have gone and done many things, we haven't taken any pictures of these activities!

We have been to feed the ducks several times.

Out to eat lunch.

Tons of walks in the stroller.

Read our favorite book over and over and over and over...

Played in our swing-






(Finally took a picture)

And been to the grocery store I don't know how many times.

Rowan is really doing remarkable.

However, I did receive some news that made me angry today. I was upset for a good part of the day and then realized- that's life: get over it and move on.

We have been through so much with Rowan that this is minuscule in the grand scheme of things, but apparently we are having issues relaying lab information from Austin to Houston.

We had lab work done on the 30th. Today I called Houston for some results, but they had never received them. SO after hounding our Austin team, we finally found some lab work.

Rowan's Prograf level was too high- meaning she may be taking too much of the anti-rejection medication. Unfortunately, because that level was drawn back on the 30th, we have to go back for more lab work on Monday. If they are going to change her dose, they must have an accurate and up to date number.

If you keep up with the blog, I believe you may remember when we had this very same issue with the potassium...

I just hate to put Rowan through more trauma and torture of lab draws (again!), but guess what- just do what you gotta do and move on!

And I'm thinking about it like this- if that's our only issue right now, we are doing pretty dang well!

Rowan's liver numbers are still stellar. She still hasn't been sick, shown any signs of rejection, had an infection, for that matter had any complications since we have left the hospital!

So we praise God for our miracle, take our medicine, and continue living our fairy-tale life with our beautiful baby girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment