"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".
Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Progress

I'm sorry. This is boring blog material. But it sure causes excitement at the Sebek home!

Update on Operation Sleep:
Night one Rowan woke up twice- she was allowed to have water in her bottle, but she just fell back to sleep in my arms. It was about a 30minute fest both times. No. Big. Deal.

Night two- Ro woke up at 11 and we did the water bottle. (obviously she's not that hungry--- it's just habit)
... Now for the thrilling news people...
She woke up at 2ish and I didn't go in the room. Cried for about 15 minutes and went back to sleep all by herself!
Again awoke at 4ish, cried for less than 5minutes, and back to sleep BY HERSELF:)

This should not be exciting news for a one year old, but poor Rowan has not been ordinary.

Before the transplant her liver was too sick for her to go without food more than 3hours. Then, after transplant there was that pump with tube feeding that would have to be reloaded every so hours.
After the feeding tube came out, the doctors were all over us about her gaining weight... So anytime she woke up, we were supposed to feed her.

Things were just getting to the point of sleeping all night until the last hospital admission.

Well, she's not skinny anymore, she's got a fabulous liver, and there is definitely no tube in sight, so we are GO for sleeping all night for the first time in her Life!

(now I will admit, I may have been an enabler, but my motherly ways and hawk-like ears made it to where at the slightest noise from her room, I was awake and ready to fix it... But Ro doesn't need that- she's a healthy big girl who wants to sleep all night too)

Not only have we decided to tackle sleep, but the bottle is now finally on phase out.
I have given sippy's a try with her in the past, but I guess I just didn't try hard enough. One whimper and I was ready to give that bottle right back. Well, not this time- mom has put on her big girl panties this weekend too:)

During the day Ro is drinking from the soft top sippy (only because I have now banned bottles). She can have the bottle right before naps and bed only.

Here are some pictures of Rowan redecorating her room:











We're gearing up for our trip to Houston on Tuesday. Appointments all day Wednesday.

1 comment: